i had a doctor's appointment this morning. i had the best person helping me! usually, the doctor will listen for a minute, and then prescribe something, and then go off to the next patient. then i would try the prescription and it would not work, so i would have to see a new doctor, or the same doctor again, and pay the $20 co-payment again...ugh...i hated going to doctors really. it always seemed futile, they never helped me. but then i started going to to this person, who actually is not a doctor, but is a nurse practitioner. she is wonderful. she listens, asks questions, gives me options of the form of medicine, and then she suggests a follow up appointment to make sure that the problem is taken care of. what a shock to have someone who actually listens to me, and who spends some time with me. i wonder how much less my nurse practitioner gets paid vs. the doctors...it makes me sad to know that she gets paid much less...she is definitely a better 'doctor' than they are. she makes me feel taken care of.

-------------

i want to have a baby!

-------------

wow. a sportsfigure who supports abstinence! The basketball player remained "a virgin until he married earlier this year at the age of 38". that is pretty amazing.

--------------

anil's interesting post on mental illness.

-------------

happy belated bday sonal.

------------

ajay, what have you done to your blog?

-----------

Comments

Popular Posts