Taking Chances


I've always been prone to taking chances. I think it's what my father passed down to me maybe, since he left the known, the country that he lived in for so long, to come to a country only viewed on t.v. and movies.

My first foray into the unknown was when I was 19 and left my parents house, without telling them where I was going. running away at 19...sounds odd to Americans, but it was that. I felt trapped and depressed. I packed up garbage bags with clothes and a few pictures.

My father did not see me for 2 years. he dropped off my mom and Preetham once in a while.  i spent xmas and holidays by myself.   I also found out that my father helped my younger brother Gautham move to his new apartment, Gautham was able to be a part of the family still.

But i have no regrets; struggles with money, no one to turn to when i needed advice, no home cooked meals--- but i got to decide my future, to experience life and meet many many people... and to find my voice. If you talked to me when I lived in my parents house, my voice was a whisper, if you met me again 5 years after leaving, it was still quiet and soft because that's who i am, but definitely stronger and more confident. I will always be grateful to my father for passing this trait down to me, one of not being afraid to take chances.

Taking chances: going to London by myself so many times, divorce, taking the kids camping for our first time, driving with kids all over.

Anyway, I tried my hand at painting deer because i was requested to. my first time. eek. do not look at it too closely. i did it though, and i'll try it again.


-------------------------------
3 things I am grateful for-
1) that I get bored easily: allows me to stay curious and try new things.
2) that i am able to drop my daughter at school.
3) That my 5'11 boys want to hug me still.



Comments

Popular Posts