Love is ...



I painted this photo right around the time that I made the decision to separate, May 17, 2017. I wanted to move forward in my new life with strength and to ensure the happiness and the bond that we 4 have. 

As the 3 get taller, get annoyed with my discipline more in their teendom...as they test me more...I have to also add the extra element that I took them out of their comfort zone in a huge way. Moved them from the suburbs into the city. The boys catch the city bus to their high school. Agirl walks down busy Nicollet avenue and up two city blocks to catch a bus. The boys are still getting straight A's and remark sometimes that kids don't try as hard. Agirl has to make new friends and do everything on her own. eek...i wish i had a twin for her. :(

But they are freaking amazing. They accept the new schedule; see their dad during the weekend and me during the week. A working mom now, but I do what i used to do as a Stay at Home Mom,  I make decisions on camps, work, after school classes. I even got the boys behind the wheel, preparing to learn to drive. I got Ani to feel strength in her voice, where before she sang so quietly, now she has strength. Being in the city means going to the Pinball bar, going to fun restaurants, taking walks around the lake, hearing music. 

Robin also is able to do more with the kids, on his own. He cooks for them, talks heart to heart with each. We also get help from the Meka side; the children are loved.

Life is good. Life is different than before. They no longer have to see our unhappiness.  Mboy said around the time of the Divorce, that he thought "Love is fake". I hope that he no longer believes that. Love is ... complicated.
----------------------
3 things to be grateful for:
  1. I am not color blind.
  2. I love music, good music of course :); a variety of styles.
  3. I have had travel experience: England (5x), Iceland, Scotland(5x), Dubai(2x), India(4x), Mexico(2x), Canada(2x?). US: CA, AZ, IL,IN,WI.


Comments

Popular Posts