my 3


3 things that i am thankful for
*that i have a good relationship with the kids' dad.
*that my car is working, lately
*that my children are my friends

My children are my best friends actually. 15 years of a marriage where their dad and i didn't talk so much and actually started feeling animosity towards each other of which the majority of the years I was a stay at home mom. no adult to talk to. not always having a good relationship with Mom, Dad, brothers, slowly losing track of all of my friends. My children became my best friends.

When they were little, we would make volcanoes for fun, catch bugs to scare each other, put on plays,  Ani and I would have Sunday night dance parties.

Sid, with his sweet nature, so mature in some ways, telling me to not spend too much money at stores, to not text and drive. He's protective of me.  These days he is the one that helps Ani with her homework.

Max, my little comedian, always making me smile, and these days he is the one who asks around 6pm if i am not home yet from work, if he should put something in the oven.

Ani, my little singer. I always worried that i would have the same relationship with her that my mother and i had; so I aimed to be her friend, and the disciplanarian. A tough combo.

We have gone through many things together, my 3 and I. They've seen me cry and made me smile. They travel with me, talk life with me,  take horrible pictures of me,  put up with my craziness like leaving a table filled with paints and paintbrushes...

I love these best friends of mine.

Comments

Popular Posts