extremely busy at work these days...and i am going on vacation, actually the honeymoon to milwaukee and chicago, on wed 6/5 through sunday 6/9...so need to finish so many things before then!! aaaaaaaarrrrrrgggggghhhh!!! even worked over the w/e, saturday and sunday.

-----

by the way, i found the marriage certificate...apparently i had put it away safely in my father's file cabinet, but forgot all about it...am i a dork or what?? i had everyone looking for it too...:);)

----

also, i have realized that all of my journal entries are soooooooo long, so i need to figure out how to write shorter entries!! my mission for the month of june is to condense my interesting events for the day to just a couple of lines...

----

robin and i are enjoying fighting for individuality and sharing space, while holding hands and smiling...honeymoon period...

----

oh and i have a new blog partner, joann, here is her note with the questions:

Hi Mamatha;

It's so interesting to be paired with you as a Blogger Buddy this round. I had a penpal when I was in high school, and she was from India. I lost touch with her after a year or so, but India has always seemed like a beautiful and mysterious place to me. I am anxious to learn more about you and your dual cultures. And I hope I have something of interest to offer you. Now on to the questions:

I noticed from your wedding pictures that there are vast differences in both ceremonies. Can you explain what actually goes on in the Indian ceremony? Do you say vows like in our American ceremony?

Is there someone you wish you hadn't invited to your wedding? Or someone you wish you had invited?

From reading your journal, it seems that your mother is a very important person in your life. Can you describe what your day would be like if you and your mother could spend the whole day together doing whatever you wanted to?

Do you have any Indian superstitions like we do here in the states? For example, "if you break a mirror it brings seven years bad luck".

Favorite author? Book?

Favorite television show?

What CD is in your stereo right now?

If you look out the window in your apartment, what do you see right now?

What is the one thing you would change about yourself and your hubby?

Favorite thing to order at McDonald's restaurant?

Favorite store to shop at?

I've been hearing about the Pakistan/India situation on the news lately. They really don't explain the history behind why they are lined up at their borders ready to have a war with each other. Can you explain why they are willing to fight each other?

Favorite recipe? Can you share it with us? Ingredients, instructions, etc...

Finish this line: I couldn't get through my day without _______________.

What makes you smile?

-Okay, there you have them. A few fluffy questions, a couple of deep, thought-provoking questions, and probably a few ridiculous questions. I hope you enjoy answering them. I will post a link to your site, after you send the link to me where these questions/answers will be. I'll post the questions you send me with my answers and send you the link as soon as I get them and finish them up.

Jo-Ann





----

wedding memory: yikes i am forgetting so many things!!! i'll try though...hindu ceremony--having people throw rice at me, playing the rice game with robin (seeing who can empty their plate of rice by throwing it on the other's head, played by the bride and groom, whoever empties their plate has the upper hand in the marriage...i cheated, but he still won, :(...but it was :) )...american ceremony--the cake, yummy!! the music, awesome and beautiful!! flowers, pretty!!!

Comments

Popular Posts