ugh! yucky day at work today...computer is not working...had to figure how to fix it...fixed it...everything is fine now.



by the way, i went with preeth and rajagopal uncle to fountain place to look at the apartments there in eden prairie. preeth's job would be 10 minutes away, rather than 50 from mom and dad's house. course moving won't be easy for him or mom, mom doesn't want him to leave...she wants to keep him as the baby...and he wants to grow and be a man...but it will be his first time living on his own. anyway, i reviewed all the benefits with him and told him to tell dad that he has thought about, even made a pros and con list...hope it helped. preeth signed the application and is going to live there!!! yay!!! i am so proud of him for taking a chance...but hearing mom cry hurts so much...but i was tough with her and told her that this would be good for him and that she has to let him go sometime...and to support him. i think that she understands this but is so sad...ugh!!!



what else? my place is a mess!!! robin's moved his stuff in and it's all over the place...and all the presents are all over the place...but we are husband and wife now...crazy!!!



oh and here are anita's answers to my questions (5/16 post):



Q1) What is your favorite childhood memory?

Strangely enough, I have very fuzzy memories of my childhood, unlike some who remember even details of what they were wearing on their second birthday!

Q2) What is a thing that you would change from your past if you could (a regret)?

After I do something there have always been instances where I think, ‘Oh I wish I had said this instead’ or ‘Or I wish I had not behaved that way’. But instead of dwelling too much on that, I prefer to learn from experiences and move on. Hopefully to become a person better equipped to handle the same situation in the future.

Q3) What is the one cause that you would be interested in helping, if you had the time and money?

I would love to get involved with homeless children. Unfortunately, there are too many mouths because of the high breeding rate and not enough to feed them. Especially here in India.

Q4) If you were to go back to school, all expenses paid, what is the area/field

you would want to study? For a new career? And for the pure enjoyment of it?

I am quite sure I don’t want to go though the whole study thing again (once was painful enough), but if someone paid my expenses, then it would have to be something exotic or fun like photography or art.

Q5) On webmonkey what would you choose as your favorite color:Do I get to choose just one?! #CC3300!

Q6) 3 qualities you appreciate in yourself.

I like to think I'm a patient, understanding and a very balanced person (though I have friends/ colleagues who would beg to disagree!)

Q7) What do you add to your group of friends? The thing or things that you feel they appreciate about you?

Well, somehow I have a very vociferous group of friends and that means that I have a getting in a word at all! I think what I add is silence to their noise. They need someone to listen to their endless ramblings. I also add a lot of color!

Q8) What animal would be your favorite (and not a cat...I already know you love them!)?

Aww, okay. Tigers definitely. For their agility and sleek good looks!

Q9) Which is your favorite: gulab jamans, kheer, rassamalai, halwa, ladoo, jalebi?

That's a tough one. Not because of the variety, but because I don't have a sweet tooth at all!

Q10) I am cheating here because you asked me this but... how would you describe yourself in 10 words?

Strange, nice, difficult, sanguine, easy to please, hard to ignore! :)



i told her that she kinda cheated on a couple of the questions by not answering them, so i changed the questios a little and reposed them to her, here's her response:

Did I cheat? Okay, okay, I'll try again!

Q1redo) Childhood memory!!! can i change that to 'a favorite memory of your youth:8 to 17 years of age'!

Going on a South India tour with my parents and sister when I was around 15. I think it was the best 'family trip' we had. We went to some fabulous places like Kanyakumari, Cochin, Bangalore, Goa and Mysore. It was the last extensive trip we went for, so it has a special significance.



Q2redo)regret! everyone has them, although they say that they don't have one! i am the same way, i don't like to regret, but if i could change some things, i know what they are! don't you have ONE??

Regret taking many impulsive decisions when I was younger and less mature. But its true when I say that I hardly ever regret things and even if I do, I move on very quickly. I hate mulling over things that could have been. It's depressing and stops me from taking the next step forward.



Q4redo)Change of career topic for school! (you answered a part of the quesiton, what topic would you take for the enjoyment...right?

Actually, the answer is the same for both - photography!



i think that i kind of knew that you didn't have a sweet tooth...

Love other sinful things though :)

------------

i realize that i didn't go into details about the wedding...i am sorry...i'll try to post a memory or two each day for the next couple of weeks, or it would take too long!

my brother gautham caught the garter, and roz caught the bouquet; the american ceremony was 15 minutes long and the hindu ceremony was about 2 hours;party favors--> american: yankee candles and matches, hindu: ladoo, apple, bear claw, banana; added melody and kristen as flower girls at the very last hour, bought them dresses 2 hours before the wedding, and had them walk with shreya...they did great!; prathima got lost at midnight, as she left earlier than everyone else, and is from alabama so driving two miles is difficult if you don't know the way, anyway, she got lost for an hour and a half and we brought her home at around 1:3am...eek...with the two girls in the backseat!!

Comments

Popular Posts