okay where do i start?

the weddings are done; madhavi, my cousin in residency school, made time for me and spent two days here in mpls, prathima, my cousin, her sister, whom i have not seen in 13 years came to the wedding, along with her two very cute daughters, melody and kristen; srikanth came to the wedding, though he and dad were quarreling...he spoke with his older brother who made him realize that he was in error...so he came...i think that he had fun, he drank too much on one night, he talked to many people, he helped with both weddings...he was super; anu, anu, anu made me feel as if i looked beautiful as an indian bride, although my hair is so short and i have gained weight...but she did magic with the wig that mom brought from india...she was so patient and always willing to help; shreya, so cute and always making me smile; mom, so sweet, and always showing how happy she is for me; dad, working so hard to make the wedding, the hindu one, happen, and then he had an awesome time at the american one with his friends; gautham, i am so glad he came, it is so nice to have him, my brother, here, as if a missing piece had been found, it feels good to have all the family here; preetham, so anxious about his new job, having to move, etc., but still trying to enjoy himself; bhargavi aunty and rajagopal uncle, i am so glad they came, they have so much on their mind but they were willing to be distracted for a little while to help with everything. and the others, biju just showing up at our door, a day before the wedding, and then helping so much, and paxton, preetham's friend, so nice and social. all the guests, all the readers...who took on the task at the last minute (ben, who did wonderfully, and roz, who came with her new beau...the same roz who caught the bouquet, so maybe she's next), all the happiness, the cake, the music, the colors; chris, kristen, reid, alicia, nancy and joe, my new family!



robin...where can i start with him? he was so patient throughout the whole thing...with the indian ceremony and the american ceremony...



here are some pictures taken by my cousin's husband Venkatesh, who worked hard to get all these pics!:

hindu marriage

american ceremony



i'll write more later...



I AM MARRIED NOW!!! I am someone's wife!

Comments

Popular Posts