i am having a better week so far! robin is being a sweetheart, and i talked to preetham about things a little, which helped...and apparently my mother will come to the wedding shower that i am having. the story behind that is that the reason why i told my parents about my choice of religions is that i wanted to make clear to them that i am trying my hardest here...while they say no to events that i organized for the american ceremony. instead of having a bridal shower, i asked my friends to have a wedding shower instead, so that my parents can be included in the festivities, so they could relax from all the work and just enjoy playing games and such...well...it turns out that my father didn't want to come and that i had inadvertently chosen a day that my mom was working. when i found out that she was working that day, and then seeing my look of horror, having my mom say, 'well, that's too bad' with a shrug of her shoulders,as if she didn't care...well...this ticked me of... 'don't you feel badly at all? that i organized this all for you, and you have no feelings of regret at all, about not being able to come?'...and this is when our words took a bad turn, until, i said the hindu thing...about not being one, but doing it for them...



anyway, yesterday, my mom told my brother to tell me (being that they don't want to talk to me...), that she is going to call in sick that day, and will in fact come...i wonder if my father will grace his presence? oh my lovely dysfunctional family...can't live with them...can't live without them...right? i wonder if everyone has one of these...dysfunctional families i mean.



(robin is bringing lunch for me!! yay!)

Comments

Popular Posts