went to the ob doc yesterday. the date of the start of my bedrest has been confirmed: may, 17,2004 (my 26th week).

mom and dad came with hubs and i to the appointment. while dad waited in the lobby, mom, hubs and i met with the doctor. i spent a part of the visit trying to make mom feel better about things. i wonder if this is normal? i wonder if americans take their moms into the doctor visits? i wonder if american moms make you more worried about your pregnancy than you are already?

she wants to be a grandmother so much...it's my fault for waiting so long to get married, and to start having children...i know, i know. i guess that i feel guilt about that, about making my parents wait so long to be grandparents...but honestly if i had married earlier it would have been to the wrong man...and i love the choice i made, albeit a little late in life.

anyway...i have to learn somehow of how not to let my mom's worries affect me, esp about me and the pregnancy. i wish so much that she could stay calm, and that she could remember that somethings are normal and not to be worried about.

i shouldn't b*tch i know, and i am very glad that i have a mom and dad to share the experience with me...there is the whole 'catholic' thing again (that my friend ben used to call me), the feelings of guilt that overtake me and my life.

Comments

Popular Posts